Tuesday 30 September 2014

One Month

I had a conversation last night with a good friend. We covered the standards of what am I doing now, what's my big plan, where am I looking for jobs or am I setting up on my own...

Now as a society we are fast. We are all about the speed and the now. We want a quick fix immediately, no patience required. We want fast food, fast gratitude and fast fashion. In my opinion, this has lead us to get all of our timings in a muddle. Now don't get me wrong, I am prone to want a takeaway, but I also love putting the effort into preparing a homemade meal, and as much as I nip into Primark for tights like the next person, I actually now invest in pieces, and shop predominantly from vintage and charity shops. I like to think that I have my 'speed balance' in perspective for the best part. 

The thing with wanting super fast speed means that we all get impatient and want the next thing immediately. I have been feeling lately that, what am I doing? Seriously it has been foooorrreveerrr since the whole Vanity Fair gig. This must now mean that I am massively under-succeeding.

One month ago. This was one month ago. In fact it was featured in the September Issue, and what month are we still currently in? September. 

The end of this month marks a year since I started my six month contract working for Cancer Research. This means I have been out of 'normal' work for nearly six months. That is no time at all. In six months I have made wedding gowns, prom dresses, lingerie sets, written for online mags, completed a full collection and had it shot, made two corset gowns to take for my meeting (one which is still top secret), dressed HBC, had a full page photograph in Vanity Fair and had my work shot by Mario Testino, carried out a radio interview, multiple press interviews, been to Norway and dressed the Editor-and-Chief of their big fashion mag 'Costume' and I am now working on a special extension to my Wild Roses Collection...

This is not a brag. This is me telling you that you are doing better than you think. So give yourself a pat on the back please. Time goes by quickly, but not as quickly as you think. Be patient and celebrate all of those successes. And maybe invest some time into the things you care about, life isn't all about the fast.

So to let you all know what I am doing right now I am eating a banana and drinking diet coke. But in seriousness, I am currently working on extending my Wild Rose collection into plus size. I met a lady this summer who just inspired me beyond belief and I thought to myself, I need to dress you. This lady was Evie Wolfe. I can also reveal that I will be dressing one of my personal 'online idols' George from Fuller Figure Fuller Bust. But more of that at a later date...


1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention the conference that you went to ;)

    ReplyDelete